Engineer Hardware | 0-2 years' experience | Electrical design
Support Engineer Automation
Control & Protection is the exclusive hardware and automation software distributor of the GE, Emerson, OnRobot and Easyrobotics brands for BeNeLux and France. As a Support Engineer , you are responsible for providing front-line support to our customers for their questions about the industrial automation solutions (PLC, I/O, HMI, SCADA, MES, and IoT) we distribute. With the Key Account manager and the Growth Representative you are in charge of growth, you will form the team in charge of automation.
- You are passionate about hardware and software and you want to improve your skills in automation applications and innovations on the market.
- You take calls and letters from internal and external users of the solutions we bring to market.
- You are responsible for an initial analysis and finding a solution on your own.
- Our suppliers’ support services help you resolve more complex or recurring technical issues.
- You consult your colleagues ina structural way and share your analyses and solutions with sales colleagues. Your experience and your own contribution are essential to continue to optimize these applications so that we can continue to proactively meet our customers’ operational needs.
- You work closely with the Key Account manager and Growth Representative and keep them structurally informed of what is happening with customers, partners and suppliers.
- You comply with the conditions and deadlines set contractually with our customers and partners.
- You accurately record every activity in our CRM so we can make more accurate forecasts. Together, we will be able to respond to market developments and business growth.
- Your experience and personal contribution are essential to continue to optimize these applications so that we can continue to proactively meet our customers’ operational needs.
- You provide training and demos during our customer days.
- You participate in the pre-sales journey in order to win new contracts with your colleagues. For larger projects, you do the preparatory work to ensure that our demonstrations run smoothly.
- You are present at trade shows and take care of the demonstration facilities that we offer customers as part of our sales processes.
- Together with the Marketing department, you help to ensure the branding of our business.
- In turn, you pass on the relevant content to our marketing manager so that he can put the right sauce to distribute it.
- You comply with the conditions and deadlines set by contract with our customers and partners.
- You have a technical background in electromechanics. Engineering and technology are your passion.
- You have experience with industrial automation hardware and software. Experience with GE Digital software, Kepware, Micromedia and Emerson hardware is an asset.
- You have strong analytical skills, which allow you to solve problems independently.
- You want to keep abreast of the latest technologies and innovations in the field of high voltage and measuring and control equipment.
- You are flexible, stress-resistant and stimulated by a dynamic work environment. You think in terms of solutions and have strong communication skills to respond quickly and effectively to our customers’ questions.
- You have a good knowledge (both oral and written) of Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is an asset.
- As an ambassador of Control & Protection, you will be part of an SME with a family spirit. With a clear and professional approach, your communication is essential and clear. We see a problem as an opportunity and we solve it together. You report to Business Partners.
Interested in a chat?
Fill in the form and maybe we’ll see each other soon!